Top 5 Trending News in India
Saturday: 10th April 2021
1. IPL 2021 MI vs RCB: Harshal Patel, AB de Villiers help Royal Challengers Bangalore pip Mumbai Indians by two wickets.
2. Ansaar Gazwat-ul-Hind chief among 7 terrorists killed in 2 separate encounters in south Kashmir in 24 hours.
3. Maharashtra: Four persons died and some others suffered injuries after a fire broke out in a private hospital at Nagpur on Friday night
4. On the basis of specific intelligence, the officers of CGST Commissionerate had conducted a series of searches at 16 places in Ghaziabad, Gautam Buddh Nagar, and Delhi related to Vishal Steel Suppliers and his supplier firms on March 23.
5. Two days before it starts the mega exercise of procuring nearly 130 lakh tonnes of wheat crop, the Punjab government Thursday agreed to implement the direct bank transfer of MSP to farmers, bypassing the arhtiyas, from the current season saying it was left with “no choice” but to implement the scheme as Centre said it will not lift the grains if the new system was not followed.
Friday: 9th April 2021
1. A court in India’s Uttar Pradesh state has passed an order related to a dispute over a centuries-old mosque and a temple situated next to each other – a case reminiscent of a similar and bloody dispute in another temple town, controversially resolved in 2019.
2. The Jharkhand High Court deferred by a week the hearing in bail petition of jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case.
3. The sessions court recently dismissed a defamation complaint filed by deputy commissioner of police Abhishek Trimukhe against Republic TV editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami, his wife and ARG Outlier Media Pvt. Ltd.
4. Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi voiced her support in favour of the students, who want CBSE either to conduct the board exams 2021 in online mode or postpone it in the view of rising COVID-19 infections.
5. An Indian couple was found dead at their home in the US after neighbours saw their four-year-old daughter crying alone in the balcony of their house.
Thursday: 8th April 2021
1. Airtel is selling a part of its spectrum to Reliance Jio in some circles. The company has signed a “definitive” trading deal to sell its 800 MHz spectrum to Reliance Jio Infocomm.
2. Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd has doubled its solar cell and module manufacturing at its facility in Bengaluru to 1.1 giga watt (GW).
3. Amid the recent surge in Covid-19 cases in the national capital, 672 Delhi Metro passengers were penalised for not wearing face masks properly and violating social distancing norms.
4. Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases, over one lakh students of classes 10 and 12 have signed petitions urging the government to either cancel board exams scheduled to be held in May or conduct them in online mode.
5. Suspended Mumbai cop Sachin Waze has now dropped a ‘letter bomb’ and accused Maharashtra cabinet minister and Shiv Sena minister Anil Parab in an extortion racket row.
Wednesday: 7th April 2021
1. The Union health ministry asked the Uttarakhand government to implement its SOP for the ongoing Kumbh Mela in Haridwar so that it does not become a “super-spreader event”.
2. NCLT orders commencement of insolvency resolution process against Oyo Hotels & Homes.
3. BJP seeks criminal case against Kamal Haasan’s daughter Shruti for ‘trespassing into polling booth’.
4. Karnataka: Metro trial runs begin on Mysuru Road-Kengeri section.
5. Gautam Adani has entered the top 20 list of the world’s billionaires, as per Forbes.
Tuesday: 6th April 2021
1. Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray forwarded Anil Deshmukh’s resignation to Governor and informed him that Dilip Walse Patil will now take charge of the state Home department.
2. Justice NV Ramana has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India by President Ram Nath Kovind. He will take oath on April 24.
3. The BJP’s 40th foundation day is expected to be a low-key affair as the party is observing it amid the nationwide lockdown to stem the spread of coronavirus or COVID-19.
4. Assembly Elections 2021: Voting underway in more than 750 constituencies in Kerala, Tamil, Nadu, Assam, Bengal and Puducherry; West Bengal tightens security in 31 constituencies for Phase III polls; Mamata claims BJP workers attacked TMC candidate.
Monday: 5th April 2021
2. Coal will continue to be an “integral part” of the country’s energy requirements for its “developmental needs”, India told the UN climate body in its biennial report on greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory.
Sunday: 4th April 2021
1. Uttarakhand Fire: At least four persons and 7 animals have died in a fire that broke out in 62 hectares of forest area in the last 24 hours. The Principal Chief Conservator has informed that 12,000 guards and fire watchers of the state forest department have been deployed to douse the fire. So far, the fire has destroyed property worth Rs 37 lakhs.
2. Situation tense in Mumbai as 9,000 cases reported in 24 hours, highest since COVID pandemic outbreak.
3. Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar says he has tested positive for COVID-19.
4. Fire at Dahisar, Mumbai COVID-19 centre at Kandarpada near Checknaka.
5. India on Sunday recorded 93,249 new coronavirus infections, the highest single-day rise so far this year, which took the total COVID-19 cases to1,24,85,509, according to Union health ministry data.
Saturday: 3rd April 2021
1. BJP Leader Yogi Adityanath Holds Roadshows in Bengal’s Uluberia
2. Karnataka: Classes at Basavanahalli High School and College suspended after 26 students tested positive for COVID19.
3. Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat declares journalists as frontline workers, allows COVID-19 vaccination of all journalists without any age restrictions
4. Police stop farmers who were staging a protest during Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal’s visit to Rohtak, Saturday, April 3, 2021.
Friday: 2nd April 2021
1. Adani Group Chhattisgarh: Adani Enterprises signs pact with MAHAGENCO for operation of coal mine in Chhattisgarh. The coal ministry had allocated the coal mine in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh to MAHAGENCO in 2015, Adani Enterprises said in a filing to BSE on Friday.
2. India’s biggest floating solar power plant with a capacity of 100 MW will be set up at Ramagundam in Telangana.
3. Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, who tested positive for Covid-19 last week, has been admitted to hospital.
4. Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday admitted that the fourth wave of the Covid-19 pandemic was raging in the Capital, but did not impose a lockdown or any curbs to control the spike on a day the city reported 3,594 cases, an alarming jump of about 30% over the previous day’s infection tally.
5. Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has recovered property tax dues to the tune of ₹5,135.43 crore till March 31, 2021, during its drive that began last year.
Thursday: 1st April 2021
1. Nirmala Sitharaman takes back the government’s decision of reducing the interest rates on small savings on Thursday (April 1).
2. Assembly Elections: 6 regions in Assam are voting for 39 Assembly seats as voting in the second phase begins. In West Bengal, 30 seats are up for grabs as the state commences voting across 4 districts.
3. Amid its ongoing investigation in the Mansukh Hiren murder probe, the NIA has now recovered a diary from arrested cop and accused Vinayak Shinde’s residence.
4. The IPL 2021 will kick off from April 9 and in the tournament opener, defending champions Mumbai Indians and RCB will be locking horns at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
5. Delhi Meerut Expressway has now been completed and opened to traffic.
Wednesday: 31st March 2021
1. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has filed a charge sheet against a former Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) employee based in Andhra Pradesh in a money laundering case linked to alleged misappropriation of ₹1.82 crore.
2. A total of 22 new flights under regional connectivity scheme UDAN were started in the last three days, said the Civil Aviation Ministry.
3. Google Maps has revealed that soon they will be introducing over 100 AI-powered improvements to Maps to provide accurate, up-to-date information. Among other updates, Google will also be introducing a new feature where the software will direct drivers to more eco-friendly routes.
4. India provides 25,000 ‘Made-in-India’ Covid vaccine doses to Palestine.
5. India will get three more Rafale fighter jets today. These fighter jets will fly directly from France and will be given mid-air refuelling by the UAE.
Tuesday: 30th March 2021
1. The Andhra Pradesh government has claimed that it has ranked fourth in the country in the implementation of work under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
2. Akshay Kumar kick-starts shooting for ‘Ram Setu’, unveils his first look as an Archaeologist.
3. Delhi Records Hottest Day In March Since 1945 At 40.1 Degrees: Weather Office
4. Market benchmark the Sensex jumped over 1,150 points and the Nifty50 reclaimed the crucial 14,850 supported by across-the-board buying in the intraday session on March 30.
5. Chennai: 35-Year-Old Passenger Deplaned After Officials Learn He Recently Tested Positive For Covid-19
Monday: 29th March 2021
1. India moved up to seventh position on the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League standings after their seven-run win over England in the third ODI.
2. Amid rising Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra, the state government is likely to release a standard operating procedure (SOP) by April 1 specifying more curbs on public movement, without implementing a full lockdown yet.
3. A new report by FICCI and EY projected that India’s media and entertainment (M&E) industry will grow by 25% to reach ₹1.73 lakh crore by 2021 and ₹2.23 lakh crore by 2023.
4. Edtech startup BYJU’S has raised $460 million in its ongoing Series F round led by MC Global Edtech Investment Holdings LP. A total of nine investors have participated in the round. While this is the maiden investment round for the Bengaluru-based startup in 2021, it has raised a little over $1 billion in the ongoing fiscal year.
5. Apple’s Independent Repair Provider program will soon be available in India and it offers repair providers access to genuine parts, tools, repair manuals, and diagnostics for out-of-warranty repairs.
Sunday: 28th March 2021
1. Retired IAS officer Nilam Sawhney has been appointed as the next Andhra Pradesh State Election Commissioner (SEC).
2. Home Minister Amit Shah expressed confidence that his BJP will win more than 200 seats in West Bengal Assembly election as well as retain power in Assam. He thanked voters of Assam and West Bengal after a high-voter turnout showing enthusiasm in people.
3. Indian skipper Virat Kohli achieved yet another milestone as he became the third Indian captain to lead the national side in 200 matches. The list is topped by MS Dhoni, who captained Team India in staggering 332 matches across formats.
4. Maharashtra Night Curfew Begins: Malls, Beaches, Restaurants Shut From 8 PM to 7 AM.
5. As many as 48 crude bombs and four country-made firearms were seized from different areas in poll-bound West-Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district.
Saturday: 27th March 2021
1. Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and Actor Paresh Rawal tested positive for COVID-19.
2. Mega Power Star Ram Charan is celebrating his 36th birthday and social media is flooded with wishes, hashtags, customised pictures and videos from fans, friends and several colleagues from the Southern film fraternity.
3. The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to impose Sunday lockdown in five more districts as Covid-19 cases surge.
States: Vidisha, Ujjain, Gwalior, Narsinghpur, Sausar
4. Assam assembly elections: 9.47 per cent voter turnout recorded till 9 am.
5. Around 500 shops were gutted in a massive fire at the famous Fashion Street market in Camp area of Pune.
Friday: 26th March 2021
1. Sidharth Shukla and Shehnaaz Gill, who are fondly called as SidNaaz by their fans, have become the first onscreen couple in Asia to break a record on Social Media.
2. Karnataka bans Holi, Ugadi, Good Friday, Shab-e-Barat festivities in public as second wave of Covid grips India.
3. Mumbai: Two dead in major fire at Covid hospital in Bhandup mall, over 70 patients evacuated
4. Bengaluru Airport first in South India to have operational parallel runways
5. PM Modi In Dhaka For Bangladesh’s 50th Year Of Liberation.
Thursday: 25th March 2021
1. IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings star batsman Suresh Raina arrives in Mumbai to join MS Dhoni and Co.
2. Oxford faculty at the center of Rashmi controversy trivialised sexual harassment, targeted Kangana with vile sexual comments, tweets surface.
3. Amazon India’s delivery partners will call for a 24-hour strike across Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Pune and Delhi-NCR, to protest against the e-commerce company’s decision to lower delivery fees.
4. Piyush Goyal: During the COVID-19 pandemic, some special trains on special charges have been introduced to meet the additional demands over different sectors.
5. Punjab CM clears orders of mass transfers of 19,905 school teachers. A total of 35,386 online applications were received from aspiring teachers and volunteers, of which 15,481 were found ineligible as they were found short of the prescribed parameters of the policy. The remaining 19,905 were found eligible for transfer.
Wednesday: 24th March 2021
1. Uttar Pradesh: Covid tests at airport, railway, bus stations for people coming from states with high caseload.
2. Banks to remain closed 7 days from 27 March to 4 April. There are only 2 working days between 27 March and 4 April.
3. Haryana farmers to get 9% interest on delayed payments, says CM Khattar
4. Indian-American Vivek Murthy confirmed by Senate as Joe Biden’s surgeon general, will focus on Covid, opioids
5. Justice NV Ramana will take charge as the next Chief Justice of India on April 24.
Tuesday: 23rd March 2021
1. The AstraZeneca vaccine – Covishield in India – received a shot in the arm as the trials in the US, alongside Peru and Chile, showed it was 79% effective at preventing symptomatic Covid-19 and 100% effective in stopping severe disease and hospitalisation.
2. Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh took Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh head on by moving the Supreme Court and accusing him of not only indulging in extortion from different establishments but also routinely taking money for police transfers.
3. 6 killed in Ayodhya as trailer truck rams into roadways bus, CM offers Rs 5 lakh relief
4. Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced a 30 per cent pay hike for all state government employees and teachers under the 11th Pay Revision Commission.
5. Adani Ports to acquire 58.1% in Gangavaram Port for ₹3,604 crore.
Monday: 22nd March 2021
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the occasion of World Water Day, will launch the ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign via video conferencing today.
2. Assembly Election 2021: BJP Bengal manifesto promises CAA; Priyanka returns ‘toolkit’ fire in Assam.
3. Four terrorists killed in an early morning encounter between terrorists and security forces in Manihal area of Shopian in South Kashmir.
4. Kangana Ranaut shows massive transformation in new Thalaivi pics, says gaining and losing 20 kilos wasn’t only challenge.
5. The biggest asteroid of 2021 is set to zoom past the planet at 9:00 pm on March 21 Indian Standard Time (IST).
Sunday: 21st March 2021
1. One Pakistani national was apprehended at around 2:00 am today at International Border in Samba sector, J&K: Border Security Force (BSF).
2. PM Modi will launch ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign on World Water Day on 22nd March at 12:30pm via video conferencing. The campaign will be implemented from 22nd March to 30th November: Prime Minister’s Office.
3. India win silver medal in men’s 10m air rifle team event at ISSF Shooting World Cup.
4. 4.2 magnitude earthquake hit 77 km southeast of Mokokchung, Nagaland at 1006 hours: National Center for Seismology.
5. India reports 43,846 new COVID19 cases, 22,956 recoveries and 197 deaths in the last 24 hours, says Union Health Minist
Saturday: 20th March 2021
1. Telangana Chief Minister K.Chandrasekhar Rao congratulates Vani Devi, daughter of former PM PV Narasimha Rao, TRS nominee who won MLC election Mahabubnagar-Rangareddy- Hyderabad Graduates’ constituency, in Hyderabad.
2. Ahmedabad: England batsmen D Malan and Joe Butler during fifth and final T20 cricket match between India and England, at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Saturday, March 20, 2021.
3. Coimbatore: Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) President Kamal Haasan meets people while going for a morning walk, in his constituency for upcoming Tamil Nadu assembly polls, in Coimbatore.
4. Tinsukia: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses a public rally ahead of Assam Assembly Polls, in Tinsukia, Saturday, March 20, 2021.
Friday: 19th March 2021
1. Puducherry assembly election: The AINRC has fielded candidates on 16 seats, while the BJP and the AIADMK are contesting in nine and five seats respectively. In picture – N Rangasamy (second from right) files his nomination for upcoming elections from Yanam constituency.
2. Prasidh Krishna, Suryakumar Yadav and Krunal Pandya have all been named in India’s 18-player squad to take on England.
3. Following a sudden surge in coronavirus cases, the authorities in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city have decided to increase the night curfew timings.
Timings: 10pm to 6pm
4. Rakesh Tikait Arrives In Odisha, To Address Kisan Panchayat In Jajpur
5. Actor-politician Kamal Haasan’s Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) today released its manifesto for the upcoming state Assembly polls, promising to turn Tamil Nadu into a $ 1 trillion economy over the next ten years and with a generous outlook for the educational sector.
Thursday: 18th March 2021
1. Odisha government to sell 35,000 acres of land owned by Lord Jagannath Temple, encroachers asked to pay.
2. CBI books Cadbury India Pvt Ltd for ‘fraudulently’ availing area-based tax benefits in Himachal.
3. Antilia bomb scare: Sachin Waze admits his role in planting explosive-laden car near Mukesh Ambani’s residence.
4. Former CEA Arvind Subramanian resigns from Ashoka University, two days after Pratap Bhanu Mehta’s exit.
5. Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat blames women wearing ripped jeans for ‘destroying culture’, courts controversy.
Wednesday: 17th March 2021
1. West Bengal Assembly elections: Mamata releases TMC’s manifesto, promises minimum annual income.
2. BJP MP Ram Swaroop Sharma found dead at Delhi residence.
3. Delhi ranked as the 10th most polluted city and the top polluted capital city in the world.
4. Satyameva Jayate 2 release on 13 May 2021 John Abraham in double role.
5. Maharshtra – BMC Issues Work From Home Order For All Teachers, School Staff As Mumbai Fights COVID Surge.
Tuesday: 16th March 2021
1. “The Big Bull”, featuring Abhishek Bachchan, is set to release on Disney+ Hotstar VIP on April 8. Trailer out on 19th March.
2. Shringi Yadav assaults minor Muslim boy for drinking water at temple in UP’s Ghaziabad, arrested.
3. Banking services impacted for 2nd day, customers face hurdles over cash withdrawals, deposits, cheque clearances.
4. Swapan Dasgupta resigns as Rajya Sabha MP after BJP fields him as Bengal poll candidate.
5. An FIR has been filed against the influencer Hitesha Chandrani on the Zomato delivery boy Kamaraj’s complaint.
Monday: 15th March 2021
1. 2-Day Nationwide Bank Strike – Services such as deposits and withdrawal at branches, cheque clearance, and loan approvals would be affected. However, ATMs are likely to remain functional.
2. India has administered 29.74 million doses, with 24.31 million people receiving at least one dose as of Saturday night, placing it at the second spot in the world, ahead of the UK.
3. Akshay Kumar will go to Ayodhya this Thursday for the Muhurta shot of Ram Setu.
4. India beat England by seven wickets in 2nd international T20 cricket match. And Virat Kohli become the first batsman to score “3000” T20 international runs.
5. Tokyo Olympics 2021: Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian fencer to qualify for the Games.
Sunday: 14th March 2021
1. NIA arrests Mumbai Police officer Sachin Vaze in Ambani security threat case.
2. The Maharashtra government announced a 500-kilometre greenfield expressway along the state’s Konkan coast.
3. Two CAF jawans killed in naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
4. Rajasthan shuts schools, colleges, cinema halls, coaching centers, gyms amid coronavirus crisis
5. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket has launched 60 Starlink internet satellites into orbit.
Saturday: 13th March 2021
1. Fire broke out in the C-4 compartment of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express. All passengers evacuated safely.
2. Gautam Adani beats Musk & Bezos with Biggest Wealth surge this year.
3. Amarnath Yatra to begin on June 28- The annual Amarnath Yatra will begin on June 28 and will conclude on August 22.
4. The Jal Jeevan Mission is a flagship programme of the Union Government for providing tap water connection in every rural household by 2024.
5. Amid the rise in coronavirus cases in Maharashtra, the lockdown has been imposed in the Parbhani district from today.
Friday: 12th March 2021
1. Kamal Haasan to contest in Assembly polls from Coimbatore South.
2. Mithali Raj – The first Indian woman cricketer to surpass the international 10,000-run mark.
3. #AmritMahotsav , Arunchal Pradesh: Cycle rally organized as a part of “Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav” celebration at Tezu in Lohit District.
4. NCPCR has issued a notice to NETFLIX on the film Bombay Begums, asking it to “take appropiate action” within 24 hours.
5. Haryana government proposes to develop film cities in Pinjore and Gurugram
Thursday: 11th March 2021
1. TMC leaders will meet Election Commission over attack on Mamata Banerjee: Partha Chatterjee
2. Prabhas shares a new poster featuring Pooja Hegde on the occasion of Maha Shivratri.
3. The Maharashtra ATS investigating the mysterious death of Thane businessman Mansukh Hiren recorded statements of his wife and sons.
4. Arvind Kejriwal Announces Free Ayodhya Ram Temple Visit For Delhi’s Elderly.
5. Prithvi Shaw breaks Dhoni and Kohli’s record with unbeaten 185 in Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Wednesday: 10th March 2021
1. Khap panchayat in UP’s Muzaffarnagar bans jeans for women, shorts for men.
2. INS Karanj, India’s third Scorpene-class diesel-electric submarine, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in Mumbai.
3. A Zomato delivery executive allegedly barged into the house of a woman in Bengaluru and assaulted her. The woman suffered a nasal bone fracture in the incident.
4. Tirath Singh Rawat takes oath as chief minister of Uttarakhand.
5. The BJP and JJP have issued whips asking their legislators to be present in the house and support the government. The Congress, which is bringing the no-confidence motion, has also asked its MLAs to be present.
Tuesday: 9th March 2021
1. Delhi budget 2021: ₹9,934 Cr allocated for health; vaccine to remain free.
2. Kolkata Fire: Five of the nine bodies were found in an elevator on the 12th floor. The victims appeared to have suffocated and burnt to death inside the lift.
3. IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath Hails India’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy; Says India At Forefront In Fight Against Pandemic.
4. Mammootty’s The Priest release confirmed for March 11
5. Banks will be closed for two-day strike on March 15 and March 16.
Monday: 8th March 2021
1. International Women’s Day: Delhi Police organized cycle rally for its women staff.
2. Chennai : Revenge killing- 47-year-old gangster hacked to death by 10 men in Chennai; 5 suspects surrender.
3. Maharashtra: “Night restrictions (9 pm- 6 am) to be imposed in Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad) amid rising COVID19 cases from March 11 to April 4. Full lockdown on weekends.
4. ‘Corruption Olympics’, ‘Khela hobe’: PM Narendra Modi, Mamata Banerjee exchange barbs, set tone of upcoming polls in West Bengal.
5. 3.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Gujarat’s Kutch.
Sunday: 7th March 2021
1. Ravi Shastri feels a lot of people forget the role Virat Kohli has played in Team India’s success. India defeated England in the bilateral series to secure their berth in the Test Championship final.
2. Manish Kaushik wins gold, India boxers impress in Spanish tournament
3. India plans to launch on 28th March an earth observation satellite that will provide it near real-time images of its borders and also enable quick monitoring of natural disasters.
4.Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Maitri Setu between India and Bangladesh on Tuesday.
5. First Forest Healing centre of the country inaugurated today at Ranikhet in Kalika Uttarakhand.
Saturday: 6th March 2021
1. India crosses 2.06 Crore mark in cumulative COVID-19 doses.
2. Mary Kom lost in the semi-final while Pooja Rani, Jasmine, Simranjit Kaur, Mohammed Hussamuddin, Manish Kaushik, Vikas Krishan, Ashish Kumar, Sumit Sangwan and Satish Kumar made the final of Boxam International Boxing Tournament
3. Farmers blocked the Palwal toll plaza on the six-lane expressway by squatting on the road.
4. Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde is confident that the case against his client filed by Narcotics Control Bureau will not hold.
5. The three-year-old girl who was kidnapped from a locality in Uttar Pradesh’s Fatehpur was rescued from Jalandhar in Punjab.
Friday: 5th March 2021
1. Found discrepancy, manipulation in income worth ₹650 crore, says I-T dept after raids on Anurag Kashyap, Taapsee Pannu.
2. According to Zee news, Farmers will block the Western Peripheral Expressway or Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway on March 6 for 5 hours between 11 AM and 4 PM.
3. Jailed Activist Akhil Gogoi To Contest Upcoming Assembly Elections In Assam.
4. Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane will be aiming to build a steady partnership on Day 2 of the fourth and final Test match, at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
5. An Indian national sustained injuries in police firing at the Indo-Nepal border allegedly after an argument with the Nepal police and died at a hospital.
Thursday: 4th March 2021
1. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal gets the first dose of the COVID19 Vaccine at LNJP hospital.
2. Taj Mahal evacuated after man phoned cops, said the bomb will go off soon. Around 1,000 tourists were at the Taj Mahal, when the authorities received a bomb threat.
3. A wildfire has been ragin on in Odisha’s Similipal Tiger Reserve for a week now. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has ordered officials to douse the fire.
4. West Indies captain Kieron Pollard hit 6 sixes in an over against Akila Dananjaya who also picked up a hat-trick in a thrilling T20I series opener in Antigua.
5. Shreya Ghoshal and husband Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya announced pregnancy, expecting first baby.
West Indies captain Kieron Pollard hit 6 sixes in an over against Akila Dananjaya who also picked up a hat-trick in a thrilling T20I series opener in Antigua.#6sixes #Pollard #KieronPollard pic.twitter.com/Ug5IiW8or5
— Newshour Press (@Newshour_press) March 4, 2021
Wednesday: 3rd March 2021
1. Results of Delhi MCD by-elections:
AAP won 4 seats
BJP won 0 seats
INC won 1 seat
2. Emergency Imposed During Indira Gandhi’s Rule Was Wrong, Says Wayanad MP Rahul Gandhi.
3. Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor turned 34 today (March 3). The actress made her Bollywood debut in 2010 with Teen Patti.
4. BJP landslide in Gujarat rural polls buries Congress.
5. Fresh trouble for BSY govt, Ramesh Jarkiholi caught in a sex CD scandal.
Tuesday: 2nd March 2021
1. Hathras sexual harassment victim begs for justice after father shot for lodging complaint, 1 arrested.
2. ‘Tadap’: Ahan Shetty and Tara Sutaria share first poster of their ‘incredible love story’; announce film’s release date – 24 September 2021.
3. No monthly salary for first time: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) faculty.
4. Rajya Sabha TV and Lok Sabha TV merged into Sansad TV. Retired IAS officer Ravi Capoor appointed as its CEO for a period of one year or until further orders.
5. Bombay HC grants bail to former BARC CEO Partho Dasgupta in TRP SCAM case.
Monday: 1st March 2021
1. Ahmedabad: 23-yr-old woman, Ayesha dies after jumping into river, husband booked for ‘abetment’
2. LPG cylinder prices increased by Rs 25, second hike in 4 days. The increase has now taken the price of a 14.2 kg household gas cylinder to Rs 819 in Delhi.
3. PM Narendra Modi early on March 1 morning took the first shot of COVAXIN, the Indian-researched and produced COVID-19 vaccine (produced by Bharat Biotech) at AIIMS in New Delhi.
4. ISRO’s first launch of 2021, on 28th Feb, was also the first dedicated polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) commercial mission for NewSpace India — a Government of India company under the department of space.
5. Ayodhya Ram temple fundraising drive concludes. Rs 21000000000 collected.
Saturday: 27th Feb 2021
1. Master Beats Baahubali 2 at Tamil Nadu Box Office.
2. Hrithik Roshan arrives at Mumbai Crime Branch office to record statement in case against Kangana Ranaut
3. India extends ban on international flights till 31 March
4. In 2 days from now, India will start the second phase of Covid-19 vaccination across the country. Those above the age of 60, or above the age of 45 with existing illnesses that make them more vulnerable to the viral disease is eligible to be inoculated in the phase.
5. Indian sprinter Hima Das was inducted as Deputy Superintendent of Assam Police and referred to the moment as a childhood dream coming true.
Friday: 26th Feb 2021
1. Bharat Bandh today: All commercial establishments to remain closed, over 8 crore traders to protest against GST, fuel price hike.
2. Allahabad HC rejects Anticipatory Bail of Amazon Prime India Head Aparna purohit in #Tandav Web series matter.
3. A vehicle with explosives was found outside the residence of Ambani!
4. AAP leader and chief spokesperson Saurabh Bhardwaj has claimed that Arvind Kejriwal’s security cover has been scaled down.
5. Nirav Modi, lost his legal battle against extradition after a UK judge ruled that he does have a case to answer before the Indian courts.
Thursday: 25th Feb 2021
1. PM Modi to visit poll-bound Tamil Nadu, Puducherry; inaugurate various development projects.
2. Traders’ body The Confederation of All India Traders have called for a Bharat Bandh on Friday protesting against the rising fuel prices, Goods and Services Tax, E-Bill etc.
3. Earthquake of magnitude 3.3 hits Manipur.
4. The Bengal govt has made it mandatory for passengers travelling in flights from Maharashtra, Kerala and 2 other states to produce a negative Covid-19 report.
5. Delhi government’s big decision, no offline exams for students up to Class 8.
Wednesday: 24th Feb 2021
1. Motera stadium renamed Narendra Modi Stadium as President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates the venue.
2. In HC plea, Incarcerated labour rights activist Nodeep Kaur says she was brutally beaten by police.
3. In a signal to Biden, Iran agrees to temporary nuclear inspection.
4. Childhood bone cancer survivor Hayley Arceneaux, now a physician assistant at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, has been selected as the second crew member for the all-civilian SpaceX flight to — well — space.
5. Tiger Woods was hospitalized after suffering “multiple leg injuries” during a rollover crash in California.