Top 5 Trending News in India
Saturday: 29th May 2021
1. Caught On CCTV, Doctor Couple In Rajasthan Stopped, Shot Dead in Car.
2. IIT Professor Proposes Setting Up Of Oxygen Plants In Delhi, High Court Asks Government To Consider.
3. Delhi Government Invites Global Tenders For 10 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses.
4. At Least 7 Dead In Building Collapse In Maharastra.
5. Tamil Nadu Governor Gives ₹ 10 Lakh For Feeding Stray Animals.
Friday: 28th May 2021
1. Delhi University: First-Year Student Dies Of Covid
2. Class 12 Board Exams To Be Held In July, Class 10 Tests In August: Mamata Banerjee
3. Coronavirus Updates: 1.86 Lakh New Covid Cases In 24 Hours, Lowest In 44 Days. Mumbai Logs 1,266 New COVID-19 Cases, 36 Deaths
4. Declare Coastal Erosion As Natural Disaster: Kerala Government To Centre.
5. Over 100 Inflammatory Syndrome Cases Among Children In North India As Post-Covid Reaction
Thursday: 27th May 2021
1. Delhi YouTuber Arrested For Flying Dog With Hydrogen Balloons In Video
2. Assam Chief Minister Praises DRDO Scientist For Developing Anti-Covid Drug
3. Provide Protection To Woman Who Adopted Hindu Religion: High Court To SSP Meerut
4. SBI To Use Drones For Fast Claim Settlement In Cyclone-Hit Bengal, Odisha
5. Pfizer To Send 50 Million Covid Jabs To India, But With Riders: Report
Wednesday: 26th May 2021
1. Ahead Of Cyclone Yaas Landfall, Odisha And West Bengal Experience Rainfall.
2. Lunar Eclipse 2021: Blood Moon and Total Eclipse Year Will Appear Today.
3. 2.08 Lakh New Covid Cases In India, Highest Testing In A Day (22.17 Lakh). COVID-19: BMW Group India Contributes ₹ 8 Crore For COVID Relief
4. WhatsApp Goes To Court Against New Digital Rules, Cites Users’ Privacy.
5. Cyclone Yaas Hits North Odisha, Bengal On High Alert.
Tuesday: 25th May 2021
1. Tata Steel To Continue Salary For Families Of Employees Who Die Of Covid.
2. COVID-19: Gujarat Coaching Centre Raided; 555 students Found, Owner Held. India’s Daily Covid Cases (1.96 Lakh) Below 2 Lakh, First Since April 14.
3. Twitter India Office Gets a Police Visit to Serve Notice About ‘Manipulated Media’ Inquiry.
4. Virtual Home-Care Project Launched In Haryana Amid Fight Against Covid.
5. Cyclone Yaas Live Updates: Cyclone Yaas To Intensify Into “Very Severe Cyclonic Storm” In Next 12 Hours, Says Weather Office.
Monday: 24th May 2021
1. COVID Update: Nearly 100 Monks Test Positive For COVID-19 In Sikkim. 2.22 Lakh New Covid Cases In India, 4,454 Deaths; 2.67 Crore Total Cases: 10 Points.
2. Decision On Class 12 Board Exams By June 1: Education Minister
3. Bengal, Odisha To Evacuate Thousands For Cyclone Yaas, Expected Wednesday
4. Lockdown In Rajasthan Extended Due To Covid Surge Till June 8
5. Badrinath Temple Priests Slam Uttarakhand Minister’s Visit Amid Lockdown
Sunday: 23rd May 2021
1. Goa Board’s Class 10 Exam Cancelled, Decision On Class 12 Exams In Two Days.
2. First Oxygen Express Train To North-East Reaches Assam.
3. No Covaxin Doses Left For 45-Plus, Health Workers After Monday: Delhi MLA.
4. 70 Deaths In Sunken Barge Tragedy, Navy Searching For 16 Missing.
5. Former Atomic Energy Commission Chief Srikumar Banerjee Dies,
Saturday: 22nd May 2021
1. Air India Says Personal Data of 4.5 Million Flyers Like Passport, Credit Card Numbers Leaked in Cyberattack.
2. COVID Update: Delivered 13,319 Tonnes Of Liquid Medical Oxygen To States So Far: Railways. 2.57 Lakh New Covid Cases In India, Highest Testing In A Day: 10 Points.
3. NSUI Writes To Delhi University’s Vice-Chancellor To Cancel Final Semester Exams.
4. UP Teen “Thrashed” By Police For Violating Curfew, Dies; Cops Suspended.
5. DU’s Mata Sundri College Loses Two Teachers To COVID-19 Within 5 Days.
Friday: 21st May 2021
1. 13 Maoists Killed In Encounter With Police In Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli
2. Himalayas Seen From UP Town For Second Consecutive Year, Pics Are Viral
3. 2.59 Lakh Fresh Covid Cases, India’s Highest Daily Testing (20.61 Lakh)
4. FIR Against Captain Of Barge That Sank Off Mumbai On Survivor’s Complaint
5. Air Force Pilot Killed In MiG-21 Bison Accident In Punjab.
Thursday: 20th May 201
1. India Women’s Team To Play Maiden Day-Night Test In Australia, Says BCCI Secretary Jay Shah
2. Chennai Corporation Sets Up Oxygen Concentrators At Hospitals Amid Shortage
3. 38 Missing, 186 Rescued Four Days After Cyclone Sank Barge Off Mumbai
4. Army Chief Says India Keeping Eye On Chinese Military Drill Near Ladakh: Report
5. Free Coaching, Accommodation In Kota For Students Orphaned Due To COVID: Lok Sabha Speaker
Wednesday 19th May 2021
1. Jammu And Kashmir: Rs 30 crore Earmarked To Set Up Model Residential Schools For Tribals.
2. Honda Cars India (Former) Founding Chairman – Siddharth Shriram Passes Away.
3. Record One-Day COVID-19 Deaths In India (4,529), 2.67 Lakh Fresh Cases: 10 Points.
4. Woman Constable Arrested For Allegedly Blackmailing, Extorting ₹ 5.5 Lakh From Top Cop In Rajasthan.
5. Rain In Delhi, Neighbouring Cities As Cyclone Tauktae Weakens.
Tuesday: 18th May 2021
1. Mamata Banerjee’s 2 Ministers Spend Night In Jail, 2 Leaders In Hospital.
2. Cyclone Tauktae LIVE Updates: Cyclone Tauktae Weakens After Making Landfall On Gujarat Coast. Indian Coast Guard Rescues 15 Fisherman Off Goa Coast.
3. Dr KK Aggarwal, Ex-Chief Of India Medical Association, Dies Of COVID-19.
4. Wrestler Murder Case: Delhi Police Announces ₹ 1 Lakh Reward For Info On Sushil Kumar.
5. J&K High Court Decides To Release Jail Inmates Amid Covid Second Wave.
Monday: 17th May 2021
1. An encounter broke out between terrorists and security forces in Srinagar district in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday, the police said.
2. Cyclone Tauktae Expected To Hit Gujarat Today, Mumbai Airport To Shut
3. Senior Bengal Journalist Anjan Bandopadhyay Dies After Battle With Covid
4. Delhi’s ‘Khan Chacha’ Restaurant Owner Arrested In Oxygen Scam Case
5. Gujarat: Earthquake of 4.5 magnitude hits Gir Somnath.
Sunday: 16th May 2021
1. Delhi Couple Stab 40-Year-Old Man To Death Following Quarrel Over ₹ 100: Police
2. Mumbai Records 1,544 New Covid Cases With Lowest Number Of Tests In May.
3. 2 Dead, Houses Damaged Due To Winds Triggered By Cyclone In Goa: Chief Minister Pramod Sawant
4. Gujarat Shifting 1.5 Lakh People; Vaccination Halted For 2 Days
5. B Praak And Jaani Collaborate For New Song Patthar Wargi Featuring Hina Khan.
Saturday: 15th May 2021
1. COVID Update: Sikkim 3rd State In North-East To Impose Lockdown Amid Covid. More Young People Died Of Covid In Tamil Nadu This Year: Government Data. 1st Oxygen Expresses For Andhra Pradesh, Kerala On The Way. 3.26 Lakh Fresh COVID-19 Cases In India, 3,890 Deaths In 24 Hours.
2. Navy Helps In Evacuating Covid Patient, 75, From Lakshadweep To Kochi
3. Delhi Cabinet Nod For Financial Aid For Drivers Of Autos, Taxis Hit By Lockdown
4. Cyclone Tauktae May Intensify In 12 Hours, Rescue Teams In 5 States.
5. SHIMLA: In a heart-rending incident in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district, a man was forced to carry the body of his mother, who died of Covid-19, for cremation on his shoulders as none of his relatives, villagers or district administration offered any help for fear of contracting the deadly virus.
Friday: 14th May 2021
1. COVID Update: Nagaland goes under total lockdown from today. COVID Care Centre Be Set Up In JNU To Isolate Those Who Tested Positive: Delhi High Court. Assam’s Covid Death Rate Spikes In Past 10 Days, Higher Than First Wave.
2. Delhi Man Opens Fire At In-Laws’ House To Threaten Wife, Arrested: Police.
3. Women Among 4 Arrested For Trying To Extort Money From Factory Owner In Delhi: Police.
4. UnitedByBlood Launches OxyTaxi Service In Delhi Delivering Oxygen At Doorstep.
5. Bharat Electronics Limited To Recruit Engineers For Military Communication SBU, Bengaluru Complex.
Thursday: 13th May 2021
1. Indian Army organises COVID-19 awareness programme in J-K’s Baramulla.
2. Gujarat: Government Medical College Teachers Go On Strike.
3. IIT Bombay Announces Programme In Healthcare Informatics For BTech, Dual Degree Students.
4. COVID Update: Nearly 6,260 Tonnes Of Medical Oxygen Delivered By Oxygen Express Trains Since April 19: Railways. 3.62 Lakh Fresh Covid Cases In India, 4,120 Deaths In 24 Hours. Jharkhand extends ₹50 lakh insurance cover for frontline COVID workers.
5. Case Against Owner As Turtle Dies After Falling From Thane Building.
Wednesday: 12th May 2021
1. Jammu And Kashmir: Special Scholarship For Children Who Lost Parents To COVID-19
2. Supreme Court To Hear Chardham Highway Project Matter On May 14
3. Release Rs 60 Crore For Sports University, Punjab Chief Minister Directs Finance Department
4. Hansraj College Offers To Turn Its Hostel Into COVID-19 Care Centre
5. Nobody To Enter Goa Without Negative COVID-19 Report: Bombay High Court
Tuesday: 11th May 2021
1. Punjab: Over 800 Matrons, Warders To Be Recruited In Jail Department
2. Mumbai Plans To Import Millions Of Vaccines To Avert Third Covid Wave
3. India Covid Latest News LIVE Updates: India Records 3,29,942 New Infections, 3,876 Deaths In 24 Hours
4. Train Services In Kashmir Suspended For 6 Days: Railways
5. Covid-19: Noida residents can now get oxygen cylinders for home isolation. Delhi govt-run Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital gets PSA oxygen plant.
Monday: 10th May 2021
1. Himanta Biswa Sarma to take oath as 15th Chief Minister of Assam today.
2. Freedom Fighter And Indian National Army Veteran Lalti Ram Dies At 100.
3. MBBS Final-Year Students Being Deployed For COVID-19 Duty In Jammu And Kashmir
4. 3 Dead After Taking Medicine As Substitute For Liquor: Chhattisgarh Police
5. DD Bihar To Broadcast Classes For Students Of 9 To 12 From Today.
Sunday: 9th May 2021
1. Delhi Metro services to be shut for a week, starting today. The ongoing lockdown in Delhi will be extended for another week up to May 17 morning, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said. Delhi Records 13,000 New COVID-19 Cases, 273 Deaths
2. Uttarakhand imposes one-week complete lockdown amid Covid surge.
3. Haryana govt extends lockdown till 17 May, says stringent measures to be taken.
4. Puducherry CM Rangasamy Tests Positive For Covid-19 Two Days After Taking Oath.
5. Maratha quota activists on Sunday staged a protest at Diva in Thane district of Maharashtra against the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down the law.
Saturday: 8th May 2021
1. Total Lockdown In Tamil Nadu For 2 Weeks From Monday Amid Covid Crisis. Record 4,187 Covid Deaths In India In 24 hours, 4.01 Lakh New Cases.
2. IPL 2021: New Zealand Batsman Tim Seifert Tests Positive For COVID-19, Misses Charter Flight From India.
3. Delhi Doctor Charges Over ₹ 1 Lakh To Transport Covid Patient, Arrested: Cops
4. Punjab Chief Minister Orders Strict Enforcement Of Lockdown Curbs Ahead Of Farmers’ Protest.
5. Centre Permits Telangana To Use Drones For Delivery of Covid Vaccines.
Friday: 7th May 2021
1. Rajasthan announces lockdown from 10 May to 24 May.
2. Railways suspends Shatabdi, Rajdhani, Duranto Express among 29 trains from May 9.
3. Sumit Malik Becomes Fourth Indian Men’s Freestyle Wrestler To Seal Tokyo Olympics Quota.
4. Four Arrested For Black Marketing Of Oxygen Concentrators In Delhi: Police.
5. MK Stalin, Along With 33 Ministers, To Take Oath In Tamil Nadu Today.
Thursday: 6th May 2021
1. Ajit Singh, Former Union Minister And RLD Chief, Dies Of COVID-19.
2. 4.12 Lakh Fresh Cases, 3,980 Deaths: India’s Worst Covid Numbers Yet.
3. TYCIA And Rajya Sabha Launch Oxygen Cylinder Equipped Auto Ambulance In Delhi.
4.Full Lockdown In Meghalaya’s East Khasi Hills District For 5 Days.
5. 3 Terrorists Killed, 1 Surrenders Before Security Forces In J&K’s Shopian.
Wednesday: 5th May 2021
1. Deepika Padukone has tested positive for Covid-19. Earlier today, her father was admitted to a Bengaluru hospital after he, his wife and daughter Anisha tested positive for the virus.
2. Vaccination For 18-44 Age Group To Begin In Madhya Pradesh Today.
3. University Of Allahabad Announces Summer Vacation Till July 5.
4. In New Rules For Covid Testing, Centre Says No Need For RT-PCR for Inter state travel if you are healthy.
5.Delhi Police registers 113 FIRs related to fraud of Covid-19 medicines.
Tuesday: 4th May 2021
1. Former J&K Governor Jagmohan passes away
2. Mamata Banerjee to take oath as West Bengal CM on 5 May.
3. Ambulance driver arrested for charging ₹9,000 to ferry COVID patient
4. COVID Update: Covid vaccination begins for people above 18 in Delhi; all slots booked for next 2 days. Delhi Records Maximum Temperature Of 39.7 Degrees.
5. IPL 2021 Matches To Be Moved To Mumbai, Likely From May 7
Monday: 3rd May 2021
1. Assembly Election Results 2021 Updates: Mamata Banerjee Wins Bengal; DMK Tamil Nadu; Left Kerala; BJP Keeps Assam
2. 3.68 Lakh New Covid Cases In India, 3,417 Deaths; 1.99 Crore Total Cases: 10 Points
3. Delhi University (DU) Defers Final Year Exams In View Of Rising COVID-19 Cases.
4. Indian-Origin Billionaire Pledges $10 Million For Oxygen Supplies To India.
5. IPL 2021: DC won by 7 wickets over PBKS, – RR won by 55 runs over SRH.
Sunday: 2nd May 2021
1. IPL 2021: MI won by 4 wickets over CSK.
2. Delhi lockdown extended by a week till 10th May.
3. Delhi Metro To Run At 15-Minute Frequency Amid Lockdown. Services during morning (7AM to 11AM) and evening (4PM to 8PM) peak hours across the network will be available with a frequency of 15 minutes.
4. Haryana Under Lockdown From Tomorrow For A Week: Minister Anil Vij
5. COVID Update: Ambulance Driver Arrested For Overcharging Covid Patient In Delhi. Jammu And Kashmir Schools, Colleges To Remain Closed Till May 31. Ensure Delhi Gets Full Oxygen Supply By Midnight: Supreme Court To Centre. Covid Negative Report Must To Enter Punjab; Bars, Gyms Shut In New Curbs. Oxygen Cylinders Sold At ₹ 30,000 Each, Seized In Madhya Pradesh.
Saturday: 1st May 2021
1. PBKS vs RCB IPL 2021: KL Rahul, Harpreet Brar Power Punjab Kings To 34-Run Victory vs Royal Challengers Bangalore.
2. Nurse Among Two Arrested For Black Marketing Of Remdesivir In Delhi: Police
3. COVID Update: Assam Extends Night Curfew Till May 7 Amid Covid Surge. 18 Covid Patients Dead In Fire At Gujarat Hospital. Lockdown Extended In Rajasthan Till May 1. India Records Over 4 Lakh Covid Cases In 24 Hours In New High. Covid-19: Only six states to begin vaccination for 18+ from today.
4. ‘Mr India’ Jagdish Lad passed away in Vadodara on Friday (April 30) battling COVID-19. He was 34 years old.
5. Defence minister Rajnath Singh on Friday granted emergency financial powers to the military to strengthen and accelerate its efforts to deal with the crisis posed by the coronavirus disease pandemic even as the Indian Navy dispatched its warships to foreign shores to bring back liquid oxygen filled cryogenic containers.
Friday: 30th April 2021
1. Sachin Tendulkar has decided to donate ₹one crore to procure oxygen concentrators for the coronavirus-affected patients in the country. Tendulkar donated ₹one crore to ‘Mission Oxygen’– a group of over 250 young entrepreneurs that is raising funds for importing oxygen concentrators.
2. At Least 40 Cars Destroyed In Massive Fire At Showroom In Punjab’s Bathinda.
3. Senior Advocate and eminent jurist Soli Sorabjee passed away today at the age of 91 after contracting the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). He was admitted to a private hospital in South Delhi.
4. DC vs KKR, IPL 2021: Prithvi Shaw Powers Delhi Capitals To 7-Wicket Win Against Kolkata Knight Riders.
5 A day ago, the police busted an industrial manufacturing unit in Uttarakhand’s Kotdwar where fake remdesivir injections were being manufactured, and arrested five people. Seven people have already been arrested from Delhi and Ghaziabad in connection with the racket, taking the total number of arrests to 14.
Thursday: 29th April 2021
1. IPL 2021: CSK won by 7 wickets over SRH
2. West Bengal assembly polls: Voting begins for 35 seats in final phase.
3. 80 lakhs registrations on CoWIN in 3 hrs as govt gears up to start vaccination. Madhya Pradesh govt extends ‘Corona curfew’ till 7 May amid Covid-19 surge
4. Four Children Of A Family Killed After House Catches Fire In Patna: Police.
5. Case Against Actor Jimmy Shergill For Violating Covid Rules In Punjab.
Wednesday: 28th April 2021
1. IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore Beat Delhi Capitals By One Run On Last Ball To Go On Top
2. 32-Year-Old Man Kills Pregnant Wife In Delhi, Held: Police
3. India’s Covid crisis: Delhi crematoriums forced to build makeshift pyres. Grieving relatives of the dead forced to wait hours for a funeral pyre amid an explosion of new Covid cases. COVID Vaccine Registration For All Adults Begins Today on CoWin App. Indian-American NGO Raises $4.7 Million For India Amid Covid Crisis.`
4. 6.4 Earthquake In Assam, Aftershocks; Tremors In Northeast, North Bengal.
5. Thane: Fire breaks out at Mumbra’s Prime Criticare hospital; 4 dead.
Tuesday: 27th April 2021
1. COVID Update: Puducherry: Liquor shops to remain closed till April 30. 14-day complete lockdown in Karnataka starting tonight as Covid-19 cases surge. Delhi govt to convert 100 rooms of Ashoka Hotel as Covid facility for HC Justices. Indian Railways deploys over 4000 COVID Care Coaches across India amid second wave of coronavirus. Kannada Producer Ramu Dies Of COVID-19 At 52. JNU To Host Camp For Conducting COVID-19 Tests. Special Train With 70 Tonnes Of Oxygen Reaches Delhi
2. Massive fire breaks out in Mizoram’s forest, IAF choppers pressed into service
3. Two Army soldiers killed in avalanche in Siachen
4. IPL 2021: Kolkata Knight Riders Beat Punjab Kings By 5 Wickets.
5. Hina Khan tests COVID positive days after father passes away
Monday: 26th April 2021
1. IPL 2021: CSK won by 69 runs.
2. After Dehradun, Uttarakhand govt imposes curfew in Pauri Garhwal district.
3. Ravichandran Ashwin pulls out of IPL 2021 to help family fight covid-19.
4. Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges support in India’s Covid-19 fight.
5. Yogi Adityanath govt orders 50 lakh doses of Covishield, Covaxin each for UP
Sunday: 25th April 2021
1. Delhi to remain in lockdown for one more week, says Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal.
2. IPL 2021: RR won by 6 wickets over KKR.
3. Sachin Tendulkar thanks fans post-Covid recovery, to donate plasma.
4. Ghaziabad gurudwara starts ‘oxygen langar’ to help COVID-19 patients in need.
5. Akshay Kumar donates Rs 1 crore to Gautam Gambhir Foundation amid COVID-19 surge; former cricketer responds.
Saturday: 24th April 2021
1. A large number of migrants were seen standing in a queue outside the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) in Kurla, Mumbai, to return to their hometown on Saturday.
2. COVID-19: 24,103 new cases, 357 deaths reported in Delhi in last 24 hours.
3. India becomes fastest country to administer 14 crore doses of COVID vaccine in 99 days: Health Ministry.
4. Indian Air Force brings 4 cryogenic oxygen containers from Singapore.
5. BJP national president JP Nadda to hold all rallies virtually, keeping in view with COVID-19 protocol.
Friday: 23rd April 2021
1. IPL 2021: RCB won by 10 wickets over RR. Virat Kohli becomes first batsman to score 6,000 IPL runs
2. Maharashtra: 13 patients dead after fire breaks out at Covid hospital in Virar
3. Pune woman loses over ₹3.98 crore to online fraudsters.
4. Covid-19: Climber tests positive at Everest base camp.
5. Indian Navy Sailor’s Entry Application Process Begins Next Week; 2,500 Posts To Be Filled
Thursday: 22nd April 2021
1. IPL 2021: CSK’s win over KKR.
2. Fifth batch of Rafale fighter aircraft arrive in India
3. Covid-19 Update: 7-day compulsory home quarantine for people travelling to Assam. Over 500 doctors, health workers of Bihar’s 2 top hospitals infected by Covid. Punjab police lodged 130 FIRs in last 24 hours for violation of Covid norms. Goa imposes night curfew; casinos, bars to operate at 50% capacity. India reports world’s highest single-day spike with 3.14 lakh new Covid-19 cases. 70 Cylinders Recovered After Raid At An Oxygen Refilling Centre In Delhi
4. West Bengal Election 2021 LIVE Updates: 6th Phase Voting Begins, BJP’s Mukul Roy Among Early Voters
5. Bombay High Court Pulls Up Maharashtra Government On Remdesivir Procurement, Allocation.
Wednesday: 21st April 2021
1. Maharashtra School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad said that the state has decided to cancel the Class 10 board exams due to rising COVID-19 cases.
2. Covid India update: Record high 2.95 lakh new cases in 24 hours, over 2,000 deaths.
3. Puducherry imposes lockdown till April 26 due to covid spike.
4. Delhi: Every third person tested for covid found positive in last 24 hours.
5. IPL 2021 DC vs MI, T20 Cricket Match Updates: Dhawan, Mishra Star as Delhi Beat Mumbai by 6 Wickets.
Tuesday: 20th April 2021
1. The Mumbai Police and Food and Drugs Administration raided two locations in the city on Monday and recovered 2,200 vials of Remdesivir, the drug which is in high demand to treat the coronavirus disease.
2. Delhi Metro on Tuesday temporarily closed entry for New Delhi, Chandni Chowk, Kashmere Gate, Rajiv Chowk and MG Road stations to ensure social distancing as part of crowd control measures.
3. The Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE) class 10 board exams have been cancelled in view of the worsening COVID-19 situation and the option for students to appear later has been withdrawn, board secretary Gerry Arathoon.
4. Two people were killed and three others were injured after a cylinder explosion led to a fire in a house in Odisha’s Berhampur on Monday. As per reports, an LPG gas cylinder exploded in Kukudakhandi village in Berhampur which triggered the fire.
5. Night curfew for two weeks will be imposed in Kerala amid the recent surge in COVID-19 cases across the state.
Monday: 19th April 2021
1. National Award-winning director and writer Sumitra Bhave passed away on Monday, April 19, at the age of 78, following a brief illness; celebs mourned the loss.
2. New Delhi: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has finally set up a COVID-19 facility in New Delhi to help the city administration combat the alarming rise in infections.
3. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat expressed grief at his death and prayed for peace to his soul and strength to the bereaved family.
4. Delhi government imposed a complete curfew in Delhi from April 19th midnight to April 26th morning due to a rise in Covid-19 cases.
5. Anil Ambani-promoted Reliance Communications (RCom), which is now bankrupt, will now undergo liquidation, unless the Supreme Court overturns the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) order.
Sunday: 18th April 2021
1. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has called a meeting today amid a huge surge in Covid in the national capital. Yesterday, the Delhi government had flagged a shortage in oxygen and the drug Remdesivir.
2. Mumbai police summoned a director of Bruck Pharma, a Daman-based pharmaceutical manufacturing company that manufactures Remdesivir for questioning about a huge quantity of the drug stored in Mumbai.
3. Amazon Pay, the digital payments of the e-commerce giant Amazon.com, said it has empowered over 5 million neighbourhood stores and businesses with its digital payments infrastructure. These SMBs (small and medium businesses), most of whom earlier transacted only in cash, can now accept payments from their customers using Amazon Pay’s QR (quick response) code.
4. Japanese automotive manufacturer Toyota has partnered with South African fuel giant Sasol to develop a green hydrogen-powered mobility ecosystem.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair a meeting on Sunday to review the Covid-19 situation in Varanasi, his Lok Sabha constituency.
Saturday: 17th April 2021
1. Giant machines whir away as they pave the country’s longest expressway connecting the national capital with financial capital Mumbai. When it opens two years from now, the 1,350-km Delhi-Mumbai Expressway will bring the two metros closer by 12 hours.
2. Within a few hours of the demise of their mothers, two Gujarat doctors returned to the business of saving lives. One of the them said her mother had said there was no greater duty that they could perform.
3. Senior Congress leader Rahul Gandhi today tweeted to say that he is suspending all his public rallies in West Bengal in view of the Covid situation in the state.
4. Popular Tamil Actor, Comedian Vivekh, Dies In Chennai At 59
5. Chennai: Another shocking incident came to light in a village near Ponneri in Tamil Nadu where a heartless son abandoned his elderly mother amid thorny bushes.
Friday: 16th April 2021
1. At least 30 sadhus have tested positive for the coronavirus disease and one has died during the ongoing Kumbh Mela in Uttarakhand’s Haridwar, adding to fears that one of the world’s largest religious gatherings may add to the already spiralling cases of Covid-19.
2. The Rajasthan chief minister also announced the weekend curfew in the state and urged citizens to cooperate with the state government and follow all relevant Covid-19-appropriate protocols.
3. Former Director of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Ranjit Sinha passed away early Friday morning at the age of 68 years.
4. Lucknow: Those caught without a mask in Uttar Pradesh can face a fine of up to ₹ 10,000, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath ordered today as part of new tougher rules to fight Covid in the state. The state has also announced a Sunday lockdown.
5. Citigroup on Thursday said it was exiting retail banking in India and 12 other countries across Asia and parts of Europe to focus on its wealth management business, as it lacked the “scale” to compete in this space.
Thursday: 15th April 2021
1. Delhi Weekend Curfew: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today announced a weekend curfew as the national capital sees a record surge in Covid infections.
Here’s a list of what will remain open and what will be closed during Delhi Weekend Curfew:
Only essential services will be allowed to operate in the national capital during the Weekend Curfew.
- E-passes will be given to those involved in permitted activities.
- Cinema Halls will operate at 30 per cent capacity.
- Only one weekly market allowed per day per zone.
- Only takeaways are allowed in restaurants and hotels.
- Curfew passes will be given to those whose marriages are scheduled and venues are fixed during the curfew timings.
- Swimming pools
- No dine-in will be allowed in restaurants during the curfew timings
2. Two fresh weather systems will trigger thunderstorms with moderate rainfall in interior and coastal districts of the State and Puducherry on Thursday. Wet weather is expected to continue over the State till April 18.
3. Chennai-based Dr Soosan Jacob has entered the ‘Power List 2021’, which includes the top 100 influential women ophthalmologists in the world.
4. The UP government has extended the night curfew timings from 8 pm to 7 am in districts with over 2,000 active Covid-19 cases. These include Noida, Lucknow, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Kanpur Nagar and Gorakhpur.
5. Billionaire Gautam Adani is likely to see three more companies from his coal mining-to-data centers conglomerate join the MSCI India Index after shares in each one of them more than doubled this year, according to analysts.
Wednesday: 14th April 2021
1. CBSE Board Exam 2021: CBSE cancels Class 10 board exams, postpones Class 12 exams scheduled for May-June; dates to be announced after June 1.
2. During the second wave of the Covid pandemic in India, cases were initially rising in greater volume in Mumbai. But since April 11, Delhi has overtaken Mumbai in terms of daily spike in Covid cases.
3. UP Chief minister Yogi Adityanath and Samajwadi Party, chief Akhilesh Yadav tested positive for COVID-19.
4. Gujarat man offers to deliver free food to Covid-19 patients throughout quarantine.
5. Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray announced a 15- day curfew across the state from tomorrow in view of the alarming surge in coronavirus cases.
Here are the restrictions that will remain in force for the next 15 days.
* No lockdown but “Janta Curfew” across maharashtra from 8 pm, April 14 till 7 pm, May 1.
* Section 144 to be imposed across the state.
* No one should step out unless it is an emergency.
* Public transport allowed with restrictions (Autos: Driver + 2 passengers; Taxi: Driver + 50% of vehicle capacity; Bus: Full capacity but no standing passengers allowed).
* Trains and flights to be allowed.
* No schools and colleges across the state.
* All restaurants and hotels to remain closed for dine-in. Home delivery allowed
* Weddings to be allowed only with maximum 25 people present. Funerals to be allowed only with maximum of 20 people.
Tuesday: 13th April 2021
1. Maharashtra: Anger sparked in people after 7 COVID patients died allegedly due to lack of oxygen at a hospital in Nalasopara “It’s only hospital accepting critical patients in the area. Those patients died either due to their age or co-morbidities,” said a doctor from hospital
2. India reports 1,61,736 new COVID-19 cases, 97,168 discharges and 879 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per Union Health Ministry.
Total cases: 1,36,89,453
Total recoveries: 1,22,53,697
Active cases: 12,64,698
Death toll: 1,71,058
Total vaccination: 10,85,33,085
3. Jammu and Kashmir LG Manoj Sinha yesterday inaugurated Centre for Invention, Innovation, Incubation & Training (CIIIT) at Government Polytechnic, Bikram Chowk, Jammu established at a cost of Rs 181.56 crores.
4. West Bengal: 14 crude bombs were recovered in Shamsherganj area of Murshidabad district yesterday. Later, the bombs were disposed of by the Bomb Disposal Squad.
5. Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra was on Monday appointed as the next Chief Election Commissioner, the Law Ministry said. According to a notification issued by the Legislative Department of the ministry, Chandra will assume charge on April 13.
Monday: 12th April 2021
1. Infosys share price hits 52-week high as board to consider buyback on April 14
2. Huge crowd gathers for Kumbh Mela in Haridwar, police say difficult to ensure social distancing.
3. IPL 2021: Virender Sehwag takes an indirect dig at Manish Pandey after SRH’s 10-run loss to KKR.
4. BAFTA pays tribute to Irrfan, Rishi Kapoor, Chadwick Boseman in “In Memorium” segment.
5. Flipkart has signed a strategic and commercial partnership with the Adani Group to strengthen the e-commerce company’s supply chain.
Sunday: 11th April 2021
1. India to have 5 more COVID vaccines by Oct, Sputnik expected to get emergency use nod in 10 days.
2. Earthquake of magnitude 3.9 hits Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh.
3. Amit Shah to address 6 public programs in poll-bound West Bengal today.
4. UP CM directs officers to ensure no more than 5 people allowed to enter religious places.
5. Karnataka Health Minister launches Tika Utsav today in Bengaluru.
Saturday: 10th April 2021
1. IPL 2021 MI vs RCB: Harshal Patel, AB de Villiers help Royal Challengers Bangalore pip Mumbai Indians by two wickets.
2. Ansaar Gazwat-ul-Hind chief among 7 terrorists killed in 2 separate encounters in south Kashmir in 24 hours.
3. Maharashtra: Four persons died and some others suffered injuries after a fire broke out in a private hospital at Nagpur on Friday night
4. On the basis of specific intelligence, the officers of CGST Commissionerate had conducted a series of searches at 16 places in Ghaziabad, Gautam Buddh Nagar, and Delhi related to Vishal Steel Suppliers and his supplier firms on March 23.
5. Two days before it starts the mega exercise of procuring nearly 130 lakh tonnes of wheat crop, the Punjab government Thursday agreed to implement the direct bank transfer of MSP to farmers, bypassing the arhtiyas, from the current season saying it was left with “no choice” but to implement the scheme as Centre said it will not lift the grains if the new system was not followed.
Friday: 9th April 2021
1. A court in India’s Uttar Pradesh state has passed an order related to a dispute over a centuries-old mosque and a temple situated next to each other – a case reminiscent of a similar and bloody dispute in another temple town, controversially resolved in 2019.
2. The Jharkhand High Court deferred by a week the hearing in bail petition of jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad in a fodder scam case.
3. The sessions court recently dismissed a defamation complaint filed by deputy commissioner of police Abhishek Trimukhe against Republic TV editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami, his wife and ARG Outlier Media Pvt. Ltd.
4. Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi voiced her support in favour of the students, who want CBSE either to conduct the board exams 2021 in online mode or postpone it in the view of rising COVID-19 infections.
5. An Indian couple was found dead at their home in the US after neighbours saw their four-year-old daughter crying alone in the balcony of their house.
Thursday: 8th April 2021
1. Airtel is selling a part of its spectrum to Reliance Jio in some circles. The company has signed a “definitive” trading deal to sell its 800 MHz spectrum to Reliance Jio Infocomm.
2. Tata Power Solar Systems Ltd has doubled its solar cell and module manufacturing at its facility in Bengaluru to 1.1 giga watt (GW).
3. Amid the recent surge in Covid-19 cases in the national capital, 672 Delhi Metro passengers were penalised for not wearing face masks properly and violating social distancing norms.
4. Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases, over one lakh students of classes 10 and 12 have signed petitions urging the government to either cancel board exams scheduled to be held in May or conduct them in online mode.
5. Suspended Mumbai cop Sachin Waze has now dropped a ‘letter bomb’ and accused Maharashtra cabinet minister and Shiv Sena minister Anil Parab in an extortion racket row.
Wednesday: 7th April 2021
1. The Union health ministry asked the Uttarakhand government to implement its SOP for the ongoing Kumbh Mela in Haridwar so that it does not become a “super-spreader event”.
2. NCLT orders commencement of insolvency resolution process against Oyo Hotels & Homes.
3. BJP seeks criminal case against Kamal Haasan’s daughter Shruti for ‘trespassing into polling booth’.
4. Karnataka: Metro trial runs begin on Mysuru Road-Kengeri section.
5. Gautam Adani has entered the top 20 list of the world’s billionaires, as per Forbes.
Tuesday: 6th April 2021
1. Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray forwarded Anil Deshmukh’s resignation to Governor and informed him that Dilip Walse Patil will now take charge of the state Home department.
2. Justice NV Ramana has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India by President Ram Nath Kovind. He will take oath on April 24.
3. The BJP’s 40th foundation day is expected to be a low-key affair as the party is observing it amid the nationwide lockdown to stem the spread of coronavirus or COVID-19.
4. Assembly Elections 2021: Voting underway in more than 750 constituencies in Kerala, Tamil, Nadu, Assam, Bengal and Puducherry; West Bengal tightens security in 31 constituencies for Phase III polls; Mamata claims BJP workers attacked TMC candidate.
Monday: 5th April 2021
2. Coal will continue to be an “integral part” of the country’s energy requirements for its “developmental needs”, India told the UN climate body in its biennial report on greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory.
Sunday: 4th April 2021
1. Uttarakhand Fire: At least four persons and 7 animals have died in a fire that broke out in 62 hectares of forest area in the last 24 hours. The Principal Chief Conservator has informed that 12,000 guards and fire watchers of the state forest department have been deployed to douse the fire. So far, the fire has destroyed property worth Rs 37 lakhs.
2. Situation tense in Mumbai as 9,000 cases reported in 24 hours, highest since COVID pandemic outbreak.
3. Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar says he has tested positive for COVID-19.
4. Fire at Dahisar, Mumbai COVID-19 centre at Kandarpada near Checknaka.
5. India on Sunday recorded 93,249 new coronavirus infections, the highest single-day rise so far this year, which took the total COVID-19 cases to1,24,85,509, according to Union health ministry data.
Saturday: 3rd April 2021
1. BJP Leader Yogi Adityanath Holds Roadshows in Bengal’s Uluberia
2. Karnataka: Classes at Basavanahalli High School and College suspended after 26 students tested positive for COVID19.
3. Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat declares journalists as frontline workers, allows COVID-19 vaccination of all journalists without any age restrictions
4. Police stop farmers who were staging a protest during Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal’s visit to Rohtak, Saturday, April 3, 2021.
Friday: 2nd April 2021
1. Adani Group Chhattisgarh: Adani Enterprises signs pact with MAHAGENCO for operation of coal mine in Chhattisgarh. The coal ministry had allocated the coal mine in Raigarh district of Chhattisgarh to MAHAGENCO in 2015, Adani Enterprises said in a filing to BSE on Friday.
2. India’s biggest floating solar power plant with a capacity of 100 MW will be set up at Ramagundam in Telangana.
3. Indian cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, who tested positive for Covid-19 last week, has been admitted to hospital.
4. Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday admitted that the fourth wave of the Covid-19 pandemic was raging in the Capital, but did not impose a lockdown or any curbs to control the spike on a day the city reported 3,594 cases, an alarming jump of about 30% over the previous day’s infection tally.
5. Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has recovered property tax dues to the tune of ₹5,135.43 crore till March 31, 2021, during its drive that began last year.
Thursday: 1st April 2021
1. Nirmala Sitharaman takes back the government’s decision of reducing the interest rates on small savings on Thursday (April 1).
2. Assembly Elections: 6 regions in Assam are voting for 39 Assembly seats as voting in the second phase begins. In West Bengal, 30 seats are up for grabs as the state commences voting across 4 districts.
3. Amid its ongoing investigation in the Mansukh Hiren murder probe, the NIA has now recovered a diary from arrested cop and accused Vinayak Shinde’s residence.
4. The IPL 2021 will kick off from April 9 and in the tournament opener, defending champions Mumbai Indians and RCB will be locking horns at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
5. Delhi Meerut Expressway has now been completed and opened to traffic.
Wednesday: 31st March 2021
1. The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has filed a charge sheet against a former Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) employee based in Andhra Pradesh in a money laundering case linked to alleged misappropriation of ₹1.82 crore.
2. A total of 22 new flights under regional connectivity scheme UDAN were started in the last three days, said the Civil Aviation Ministry.
3. Google Maps has revealed that soon they will be introducing over 100 AI-powered improvements to Maps to provide accurate, up-to-date information. Among other updates, Google will also be introducing a new feature where the software will direct drivers to more eco-friendly routes.
4. India provides 25,000 ‘Made-in-India’ Covid vaccine doses to Palestine.
5. India will get three more Rafale fighter jets today. These fighter jets will fly directly from France and will be given mid-air refuelling by the UAE.
Tuesday: 30th March 2021
1. The Andhra Pradesh government has claimed that it has ranked fourth in the country in the implementation of work under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
2. Akshay Kumar kick-starts shooting for ‘Ram Setu’, unveils his first look as an Archaeologist.
3. Delhi Records Hottest Day In March Since 1945 At 40.1 Degrees: Weather Office
4. Market benchmark the Sensex jumped over 1,150 points and the Nifty50 reclaimed the crucial 14,850 supported by across-the-board buying in the intraday session on March 30.
5. Chennai: 35-Year-Old Passenger Deplaned After Officials Learn He Recently Tested Positive For Covid-19
Monday: 29th March 2021
1. India moved up to seventh position on the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League standings after their seven-run win over England in the third ODI.
2. Amid rising Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra, the state government is likely to release a standard operating procedure (SOP) by April 1 specifying more curbs on public movement, without implementing a full lockdown yet.
3. A new report by FICCI and EY projected that India’s media and entertainment (M&E) industry will grow by 25% to reach ₹1.73 lakh crore by 2021 and ₹2.23 lakh crore by 2023.
4. Edtech startup BYJU’S has raised $460 million in its ongoing Series F round led by MC Global Edtech Investment Holdings LP. A total of nine investors have participated in the round. While this is the maiden investment round for the Bengaluru-based startup in 2021, it has raised a little over $1 billion in the ongoing fiscal year.
5. Apple’s Independent Repair Provider program will soon be available in India and it offers repair providers access to genuine parts, tools, repair manuals, and diagnostics for out-of-warranty repairs.
Sunday: 28th March 2021
1. Retired IAS officer Nilam Sawhney has been appointed as the next Andhra Pradesh State Election Commissioner (SEC).
2. Home Minister Amit Shah expressed confidence that his BJP will win more than 200 seats in West Bengal Assembly election as well as retain power in Assam. He thanked voters of Assam and West Bengal after a high-voter turnout showing enthusiasm in people.
3. Indian skipper Virat Kohli achieved yet another milestone as he became the third Indian captain to lead the national side in 200 matches. The list is topped by MS Dhoni, who captained Team India in staggering 332 matches across formats.
4. Maharashtra Night Curfew Begins: Malls, Beaches, Restaurants Shut From 8 PM to 7 AM.
5. As many as 48 crude bombs and four country-made firearms were seized from different areas in poll-bound West-Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district.
Saturday: 27th March 2021
1. Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and Actor Paresh Rawal tested positive for COVID-19.
2. Mega Power Star Ram Charan is celebrating his 36th birthday and social media is flooded with wishes, hashtags, customised pictures and videos from fans, friends and several colleagues from the Southern film fraternity.
3. The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to impose Sunday lockdown in five more districts as Covid-19 cases surge.
States: Vidisha, Ujjain, Gwalior, Narsinghpur, Sausar
4. Assam assembly elections: 9.47 per cent voter turnout recorded till 9 am.
5. Around 500 shops were gutted in a massive fire at the famous Fashion Street market in Camp area of Pune.
Friday: 26th March 2021
1. Sidharth Shukla and Shehnaaz Gill, who are fondly called as SidNaaz by their fans, have become the first onscreen couple in Asia to break a record on Social Media.
2. Karnataka bans Holi, Ugadi, Good Friday, Shab-e-Barat festivities in public as second wave of Covid grips India.
3. Mumbai: Two dead in major fire at Covid hospital in Bhandup mall, over 70 patients evacuated
4. Bengaluru Airport first in South India to have operational parallel runways
5. PM Modi In Dhaka For Bangladesh’s 50th Year Of Liberation.
Thursday: 25th March 2021
1. IPL 2021: Chennai Super Kings star batsman Suresh Raina arrives in Mumbai to join MS Dhoni and Co.
2. Oxford faculty at the center of Rashmi controversy trivialised sexual harassment, targeted Kangana with vile sexual comments, tweets surface.
3. Amazon India’s delivery partners will call for a 24-hour strike across Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Pune and Delhi-NCR, to protest against the e-commerce company’s decision to lower delivery fees.
4. Piyush Goyal: During the COVID-19 pandemic, some special trains on special charges have been introduced to meet the additional demands over different sectors.
5. Punjab CM clears orders of mass transfers of 19,905 school teachers. A total of 35,386 online applications were received from aspiring teachers and volunteers, of which 15,481 were found ineligible as they were found short of the prescribed parameters of the policy. The remaining 19,905 were found eligible for transfer.
Wednesday: 24th March 2021
1. Uttar Pradesh: Covid tests at airport, railway, bus stations for people coming from states with high caseload.
2. Banks to remain closed 7 days from 27 March to 4 April. There are only 2 working days between 27 March and 4 April.
3. Haryana farmers to get 9% interest on delayed payments, says CM Khattar
4. Indian-American Vivek Murthy confirmed by Senate as Joe Biden’s surgeon general, will focus on Covid, opioids
5. Justice NV Ramana will take charge as the next Chief Justice of India on April 24.
Tuesday: 23rd March 2021
1. The AstraZeneca vaccine – Covishield in India – received a shot in the arm as the trials in the US, alongside Peru and Chile, showed it was 79% effective at preventing symptomatic Covid-19 and 100% effective in stopping severe disease and hospitalisation.
2. Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh took Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh head on by moving the Supreme Court and accusing him of not only indulging in extortion from different establishments but also routinely taking money for police transfers.
3. 6 killed in Ayodhya as trailer truck rams into roadways bus, CM offers Rs 5 lakh relief
4. Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced a 30 per cent pay hike for all state government employees and teachers under the 11th Pay Revision Commission.
5. Adani Ports to acquire 58.1% in Gangavaram Port for ₹3,604 crore.
Monday: 22nd March 2021
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the occasion of World Water Day, will launch the ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign via video conferencing today.
2. Assembly Election 2021: BJP Bengal manifesto promises CAA; Priyanka returns ‘toolkit’ fire in Assam.
3. Four terrorists killed in an early morning encounter between terrorists and security forces in Manihal area of Shopian in South Kashmir.
4. Kangana Ranaut shows massive transformation in new Thalaivi pics, says gaining and losing 20 kilos wasn’t only challenge.
5. The biggest asteroid of 2021 is set to zoom past the planet at 9:00 pm on March 21 Indian Standard Time (IST).
Sunday: 21st March 2021
1. One Pakistani national was apprehended at around 2:00 am today at International Border in Samba sector, J&K: Border Security Force (BSF).
2. PM Modi will launch ‘Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain’ campaign on World Water Day on 22nd March at 12:30pm via video conferencing. The campaign will be implemented from 22nd March to 30th November: Prime Minister’s Office.
3. India win silver medal in men’s 10m air rifle team event at ISSF Shooting World Cup.
4. 4.2 magnitude earthquake hit 77 km southeast of Mokokchung, Nagaland at 1006 hours: National Center for Seismology.
5. India reports 43,846 new COVID19 cases, 22,956 recoveries and 197 deaths in the last 24 hours, says Union Health Minist
Saturday: 20th March 2021
1. Telangana Chief Minister K.Chandrasekhar Rao congratulates Vani Devi, daughter of former PM PV Narasimha Rao, TRS nominee who won MLC election Mahabubnagar-Rangareddy- Hyderabad Graduates’ constituency, in Hyderabad.
2. Ahmedabad: England batsmen D Malan and Joe Butler during fifth and final T20 cricket match between India and England, at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, Saturday, March 20, 2021.
3. Coimbatore: Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) President Kamal Haasan meets people while going for a morning walk, in his constituency for upcoming Tamil Nadu assembly polls, in Coimbatore.
4. Tinsukia: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses a public rally ahead of Assam Assembly Polls, in Tinsukia, Saturday, March 20, 2021.
Friday: 19th March 2021
1. Puducherry assembly election: The AINRC has fielded candidates on 16 seats, while the BJP and the AIADMK are contesting in nine and five seats respectively. In picture – N Rangasamy (second from right) files his nomination for upcoming elections from Yanam constituency.
2. Prasidh Krishna, Suryakumar Yadav and Krunal Pandya have all been named in India’s 18-player squad to take on England.
3. Following a sudden surge in coronavirus cases, the authorities in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad city have decided to increase the night curfew timings.
Timings: 10pm to 6pm
4. Rakesh Tikait Arrives In Odisha, To Address Kisan Panchayat In Jajpur
5. Actor-politician Kamal Haasan’s Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) today released its manifesto for the upcoming state Assembly polls, promising to turn Tamil Nadu into a $ 1 trillion economy over the next ten years and with a generous outlook for the educational sector.
Thursday: 18th March 2021
1. Odisha government to sell 35,000 acres of land owned by Lord Jagannath Temple, encroachers asked to pay.
2. CBI books Cadbury India Pvt Ltd for ‘fraudulently’ availing area-based tax benefits in Himachal.
3. Antilia bomb scare: Sachin Waze admits his role in planting explosive-laden car near Mukesh Ambani’s residence.
4. Former CEA Arvind Subramanian resigns from Ashoka University, two days after Pratap Bhanu Mehta’s exit.
5. Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat blames women wearing ripped jeans for ‘destroying culture’, courts controversy.
Wednesday: 17th March 2021
1. West Bengal Assembly elections: Mamata releases TMC’s manifesto, promises minimum annual income.
2. BJP MP Ram Swaroop Sharma found dead at Delhi residence.
3. Delhi ranked as the 10th most polluted city and the top polluted capital city in the world.
4. Satyameva Jayate 2 release on 13 May 2021 John Abraham in double role.
5. Maharshtra – BMC Issues Work From Home Order For All Teachers, School Staff As Mumbai Fights COVID Surge.
Tuesday: 16th March 2021
1. “The Big Bull”, featuring Abhishek Bachchan, is set to release on Disney+ Hotstar VIP on April 8. Trailer out on 19th March.
2. Shringi Yadav assaults minor Muslim boy for drinking water at temple in UP’s Ghaziabad, arrested.
3. Banking services impacted for 2nd day, customers face hurdles over cash withdrawals, deposits, cheque clearances.
4. Swapan Dasgupta resigns as Rajya Sabha MP after BJP fields him as Bengal poll candidate.
5. An FIR has been filed against the influencer Hitesha Chandrani on the Zomato delivery boy Kamaraj’s complaint.
Monday: 15th March 2021
1. 2-Day Nationwide Bank Strike – Services such as deposits and withdrawal at branches, cheque clearance, and loan approvals would be affected. However, ATMs are likely to remain functional.
2. India has administered 29.74 million doses, with 24.31 million people receiving at least one dose as of Saturday night, placing it at the second spot in the world, ahead of the UK.
3. Akshay Kumar will go to Ayodhya this Thursday for the Muhurta shot of Ram Setu.
4. India beat England by seven wickets in 2nd international T20 cricket match. And Virat Kohli become the first batsman to score “3000” T20 international runs.
5. Tokyo Olympics 2021: Bhavani Devi becomes first Indian fencer to qualify for the Games.
Sunday: 14th March 2021
1. NIA arrests Mumbai Police officer Sachin Vaze in Ambani security threat case.
2. The Maharashtra government announced a 500-kilometre greenfield expressway along the state’s Konkan coast.
3. Two CAF jawans killed in naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
4. Rajasthan shuts schools, colleges, cinema halls, coaching centers, gyms amid coronavirus crisis
5. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket has launched 60 Starlink internet satellites into orbit.
Saturday: 13th March 2021
1. Fire broke out in the C-4 compartment of the Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express. All passengers evacuated safely.
2. Gautam Adani beats Musk & Bezos with Biggest Wealth surge this year.
3. Amarnath Yatra to begin on June 28- The annual Amarnath Yatra will begin on June 28 and will conclude on August 22.
4. The Jal Jeevan Mission is a flagship programme of the Union Government for providing tap water connection in every rural household by 2024.
5. Amid the rise in coronavirus cases in Maharashtra, the lockdown has been imposed in the Parbhani district from today.
Friday: 12th March 2021
1. Kamal Haasan to contest in Assembly polls from Coimbatore South.
2. Mithali Raj – The first Indian woman cricketer to surpass the international 10,000-run mark.
3. #AmritMahotsav , Arunchal Pradesh: Cycle rally organized as a part of “Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav” celebration at Tezu in Lohit District.
4. NCPCR has issued a notice to NETFLIX on the film Bombay Begums, asking it to “take appropiate action” within 24 hours.
5. Haryana government proposes to develop film cities in Pinjore and Gurugram
Thursday: 11th March 2021
1. TMC leaders will meet Election Commission over attack on Mamata Banerjee: Partha Chatterjee
2. Prabhas shares a new poster featuring Pooja Hegde on the occasion of Maha Shivratri.
3. The Maharashtra ATS investigating the mysterious death of Thane businessman Mansukh Hiren recorded statements of his wife and sons.
4. Arvind Kejriwal Announces Free Ayodhya Ram Temple Visit For Delhi’s Elderly.
5. Prithvi Shaw breaks Dhoni and Kohli’s record with unbeaten 185 in Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Wednesday: 10th March 2021
1. Khap panchayat in UP’s Muzaffarnagar bans jeans for women, shorts for men.
2. INS Karanj, India’s third Scorpene-class diesel-electric submarine, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in Mumbai.
3. A Zomato delivery executive allegedly barged into the house of a woman in Bengaluru and assaulted her. The woman suffered a nasal bone fracture in the incident.
4. Tirath Singh Rawat takes oath as chief minister of Uttarakhand.
5. The BJP and JJP have issued whips asking their legislators to be present in the house and support the government. The Congress, which is bringing the no-confidence motion, has also asked its MLAs to be present.
Tuesday: 9th March 2021
1. Delhi budget 2021: ₹9,934 Cr allocated for health; vaccine to remain free.
2. Kolkata Fire: Five of the nine bodies were found in an elevator on the 12th floor. The victims appeared to have suffocated and burnt to death inside the lift.
3. IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath Hails India’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy; Says India At Forefront In Fight Against Pandemic.
4. Mammootty’s The Priest release confirmed for March 11
5. Banks will be closed for two-day strike on March 15 and March 16.
Monday: 8th March 2021
1. International Women’s Day: Delhi Police organized cycle rally for its women staff.
2. Chennai : Revenge killing- 47-year-old gangster hacked to death by 10 men in Chennai; 5 suspects surrender.
3. Maharashtra: “Night restrictions (9 pm- 6 am) to be imposed in Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad) amid rising COVID19 cases from March 11 to April 4. Full lockdown on weekends.
4. ‘Corruption Olympics’, ‘Khela hobe’: PM Narendra Modi, Mamata Banerjee exchange barbs, set tone of upcoming polls in West Bengal.
5. 3.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Gujarat’s Kutch.
Sunday: 7th March 2021
1. Ravi Shastri feels a lot of people forget the role Virat Kohli has played in Team India’s success. India defeated England in the bilateral series to secure their berth in the Test Championship final.
2. Manish Kaushik wins gold, India boxers impress in Spanish tournament
3. India plans to launch on 28th March an earth observation satellite that will provide it near real-time images of its borders and also enable quick monitoring of natural disasters.
4.Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Maitri Setu between India and Bangladesh on Tuesday.
5. First Forest Healing centre of the country inaugurated today at Ranikhet in Kalika Uttarakhand.
Saturday: 6th March 2021
1. India crosses 2.06 Crore mark in cumulative COVID-19 doses.
2. Mary Kom lost in the semi-final while Pooja Rani, Jasmine, Simranjit Kaur, Mohammed Hussamuddin, Manish Kaushik, Vikas Krishan, Ashish Kumar, Sumit Sangwan and Satish Kumar made the final of Boxam International Boxing Tournament
3. Farmers blocked the Palwal toll plaza on the six-lane expressway by squatting on the road.
4. Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde is confident that the case against his client filed by Narcotics Control Bureau will not hold.
5. The three-year-old girl who was kidnapped from a locality in Uttar Pradesh’s Fatehpur was rescued from Jalandhar in Punjab.
Friday: 5th March 2021
1. Found discrepancy, manipulation in income worth ₹650 crore, says I-T dept after raids on Anurag Kashyap, Taapsee Pannu.
2. According to Zee news, Farmers will block the Western Peripheral Expressway or Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway on March 6 for 5 hours between 11 AM and 4 PM.
3. Jailed Activist Akhil Gogoi To Contest Upcoming Assembly Elections In Assam.
4. Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane will be aiming to build a steady partnership on Day 2 of the fourth and final Test match, at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
5. An Indian national sustained injuries in police firing at the Indo-Nepal border allegedly after an argument with the Nepal police and died at a hospital.
Thursday: 4th March 2021
1. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal gets the first dose of the COVID19 Vaccine at LNJP hospital.
2. Taj Mahal evacuated after man phoned cops, said the bomb will go off soon. Around 1,000 tourists were at the Taj Mahal, when the authorities received a bomb threat.
3. A wildfire has been ragin on in Odisha’s Similipal Tiger Reserve for a week now. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has ordered officials to douse the fire.
4. West Indies captain Kieron Pollard hit 6 sixes in an over against Akila Dananjaya who also picked up a hat-trick in a thrilling T20I series opener in Antigua.
5. Shreya Ghoshal and husband Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya announced pregnancy, expecting first baby.
West Indies captain Kieron Pollard hit 6 sixes in an over against Akila Dananjaya who also picked up a hat-trick in a thrilling T20I series opener in Antigua.#6sixes #Pollard #KieronPollard pic.twitter.com/Ug5IiW8or5
— Newshour Press (@Newshour_press) March 4, 2021
Wednesday: 3rd March 2021
1. Results of Delhi MCD by-elections:
AAP won 4 seats
BJP won 0 seats
INC won 1 seat
2. Emergency Imposed During Indira Gandhi’s Rule Was Wrong, Says Wayanad MP Rahul Gandhi.
3. Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor turned 34 today (March 3). The actress made her Bollywood debut in 2010 with Teen Patti.
4. BJP landslide in Gujarat rural polls buries Congress.
5. Fresh trouble for BSY govt, Ramesh Jarkiholi caught in a sex CD scandal.
Tuesday: 2nd March 2021
1. Hathras sexual harassment victim begs for justice after father shot for lodging complaint, 1 arrested.
2. ‘Tadap’: Ahan Shetty and Tara Sutaria share first poster of their ‘incredible love story’; announce film’s release date – 24 September 2021.
3. No monthly salary for first time: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) faculty.
4. Rajya Sabha TV and Lok Sabha TV merged into Sansad TV. Retired IAS officer Ravi Capoor appointed as its CEO for a period of one year or until further orders.
5. Bombay HC grants bail to former BARC CEO Partho Dasgupta in TRP SCAM case.
Monday: 1st March 2021
1. Ahmedabad: 23-yr-old woman, Ayesha dies after jumping into river, husband booked for ‘abetment’
2. LPG cylinder prices increased by Rs 25, second hike in 4 days. The increase has now taken the price of a 14.2 kg household gas cylinder to Rs 819 in Delhi.
3. PM Narendra Modi early on March 1 morning took the first shot of COVAXIN, the Indian-researched and produced COVID-19 vaccine (produced by Bharat Biotech) at AIIMS in New Delhi.
4. ISRO’s first launch of 2021, on 28th Feb, was also the first dedicated polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) commercial mission for NewSpace India — a Government of India company under the department of space.
5. Ayodhya Ram temple fundraising drive concludes. Rs 21000000000 collected.
Saturday: 27th Feb 2021
1. Master Beats Baahubali 2 at Tamil Nadu Box Office.
2. Hrithik Roshan arrives at Mumbai Crime Branch office to record statement in case against Kangana Ranaut
3. India extends ban on international flights till 31 March
4. In 2 days from now, India will start the second phase of Covid-19 vaccination across the country. Those above the age of 60, or above the age of 45 with existing illnesses that make them more vulnerable to the viral disease is eligible to be inoculated in the phase.
5. Indian sprinter Hima Das was inducted as Deputy Superintendent of Assam Police and referred to the moment as a childhood dream coming true.
Friday: 26th Feb 2021
1. Bharat Bandh today: All commercial establishments to remain closed, over 8 crore traders to protest against GST, fuel price hike.
2. Allahabad HC rejects Anticipatory Bail of Amazon Prime India Head Aparna purohit in #Tandav Web series matter.
3. A vehicle with explosives was found outside the residence of Ambani!
4. AAP leader and chief spokesperson Saurabh Bhardwaj has claimed that Arvind Kejriwal’s security cover has been scaled down.
5. Nirav Modi, lost his legal battle against extradition after a UK judge ruled that he does have a case to answer before the Indian courts.
Thursday: 25th Feb 2021
1. PM Modi to visit poll-bound Tamil Nadu, Puducherry; inaugurate various development projects.
2. Traders’ body The Confederation of All India Traders have called for a Bharat Bandh on Friday protesting against the rising fuel prices, Goods and Services Tax, E-Bill etc.
3. Earthquake of magnitude 3.3 hits Manipur.
4. The Bengal govt has made it mandatory for passengers travelling in flights from Maharashtra, Kerala and 2 other states to produce a negative Covid-19 report.
5. Delhi government’s big decision, no offline exams for students up to Class 8.
Wednesday: 24th Feb 2021
1. Motera stadium renamed Narendra Modi Stadium as President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates the venue.
2. In HC plea, Incarcerated labour rights activist Nodeep Kaur says she was brutally beaten by police.
3. In a signal to Biden, Iran agrees to temporary nuclear inspection.
4. Childhood bone cancer survivor Hayley Arceneaux, now a physician assistant at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, has been selected as the second crew member for the all-civilian SpaceX flight to — well — space.
5. Tiger Woods was hospitalized after suffering “multiple leg injuries” during a rollover crash in California.