Everyone is so intrigued to know about the Bachchan family tree. The famous, evergreen and largely loved family of Bachchans have made a place in our hearts like no one else. The notable members of the family include Amitabh’s parents, late Harivansh Rai Bachchan and social activist Teji Bachchan; his wife, actress Jaya Bhaduri; their daughter Sweta Bachchan Nanda; their son, actor Abhishek Bachchan; and Abhishek’s wife, actress Aishwarya Rai. In 2007, Time listed Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai on its list of the most influential Indians from the Bachchan family tree.
Harivansh Rai Bachchan is known for his groundbreaking work in Hindi poetry and writing. Amitabh Bachchan too also adapted the same command over Hindi language and has been known not only for his spirit shaking acting but also his beautiful poetry.
So here is how the Bachchan family tree grew and continues to grow:
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan got married to Shyama in 1926. She died after ten years of marriage. Later, he married Teji Bachchan in 1941. They had two sons, Amitabh and Ajitab.
- Born in 1942, Amitabh Bachchan is the most loved Bollywood celebrity today and one of the most important members of the Bachchan family tree.
- Ajitabh Bachchan is Amitabh’s younger brother.
- Amitabh Bachchan is married to actress Jaya Bachchan. They have two children, Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Nanda.
- Jaya was born in a Hindu-Bengali family to Taroon Kumar Bhaduri and Indira Bhaduri. Her father was a writer, journalist and stage artist.
- Abhishek’s elder sister Shweta Bachchan Nanda is married to the renowned industrialist Nikhil Nanda.
- Nikhil and Shweta have two children Navya Naveli and Agastya Nanda. The family resides in Delhi.
- Shweta Bachchan Nanda is often spotted with her family at Bollywood award functions.
- Shweta’s mother-in-law Ritu Nanda is the daughter of actor Raj Kapoor. She is a prominent Indian entrepreneur who married Rajan Nanda, a well-known industrialist.
- On 20th April 2007, Abhishek married Miss World 1994 and Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai, adding another member to the Bachchan family tree.
- With four popular actors in the family, the Bachchan family tree has become a brand in Bollywood.
- On 16th November 2011, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gave birth to a baby girl, Aradhya at the Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai, adding the most recent member of the Bachchan family tree to the list.
- Ajitabh Bachchan’s estranged wife Ramola Bachchan who is a socialite, entrepreneur, lawyer, public relations officer; shares a cordial relationship with the Bachchans.
- Bhim Bachchan: Ramola and Ajitabh have four children, three daughters and a son. Bhim Bachchan is an investment banker, who was settled in NYC earlier. He has relocated to India now.
- Naina Bachchan started off her career as a banker. However, she has now started acting in plays as well.
- Artist and author Namrita Bachchan, her sister Nilima Bachchan who has a PhD in Aeronaautical Engineering from the UK are also a part of the Bachchan family tree.
So who is your favorite Bachchan from the Bachchan family tree and why, what are the few things that fascinate you the most about the bolly-family of Bachchans?