Effective leadership is what separates the boys from the men. Without a dependable and resourceful captain at the helm, the vessel is shipwreck bound. The COVID pandemic was a real litmus test that brought out the best of India Inc. Necessity may be the mother of all inventions and innovations, but it has also highlighted the resilience and capabilities of India’s business leaders.
A paradigm shift in lifestyle and work culture has presented a unique situation. The business world is at a critical junction which will determine the future of not only work but business opportunities and avenues for growth.
A select group of leaders have proved their mettle, standing tall and acting as beacons for not just their employees but domains as well, even as the pandemic ran its course. By going about their business fearlessly, all the while adapting to the changing conditions, they have earned the right to be recognized as icons in their own right.
Team Marksmen, in partnership with Commerzify and Zee Business, has celebrated the accomplishments of these trendsetters with the Business Icons of India 2022 Awards. The trailblazers honoured with the awards included:
- Aditi Vyas, Co-founder, Azafran Innovacion Ltd
- Ajay Srinivasan, Chief Executive, Aditya Birla Capital
- Anuj Mathur, MD and CEO, Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance
- Arvind Mediratta, MD & CEO, Metro Cash & Carry India
- Bishan Jain, Director, Goldmedal Electricals Pvt. Ltd.
- CP Gurnani, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Tech Mahindra
- Hardayal Prasad, MD & CEO, PNB Housing Finance
- Kishan Jain, Director, Goldmedal Electricals Pvt. Ltd
- Lav Chaturvedi, Executive Director & CEO, Reliance Securities
- Mansi Vyas, Co-founder, Azafran Innovacion Ltd
- Pushpa Bector, Executive Director, DLF Retail
- R C Bhargava, Chairman, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Rishi Kapoor, Partner & Business Head, Sapphire Connect
- Rohini Iyer, Founder & Director, Raindrop Media
- Sunil Kumar, Country President, Henkel India
- Sandeep Bhardwaj, CEO – Retail, IIFL Securities
- Sandhya Vasudevan, Former Managing Director, Deutsche Bank
- Sanjay Agarwal, CEO, Ambit Finvest
- Souraabh M Shaw, Managing Director, MAKS Group
- Srinath Srinivasan, CEO, Oman India Joint Investment Fund
- Vijay Chandok, Managing Director, ICICI Securities
Commenting on the awards, Rajesh Khubchandani, Co-Founder and CEO, Team Marksmen, said, “The Business Icons of India 2022 are at the vanguard of their respective industries, and have ably steered their organizations through uncertain times, emerging stronger for the experience. We salute their indomitable spirit.”
Decisive leaders who can marshal resources to effect transformational changes across industries and give their businesses true direction will always be in demand. Such trendsetters understand that the constantly evolving society desires to be heard and timely responses to such signals will influence subsequent interactions. It is only fitting that they are rightfully recognized as business icons.
Read More Global News, Entertainment, National & More on News Hour