What are the types of Australian visas available for International students?

Is Australia your chosen country to go for your further study pursuits? Being one of the best study destinations, Australia attracts thousands of students from across the globe annually.

Any student who wants to study in Australia, for more than just a few months, it is pre-requisite to have a student visa in your possession. Here is a list of the types of student visas available for studying in Australia, according to experts at Visa Expert 24 Immigration Solutions.

Depending on the requirement, type of education program, and the circumstances, there are 8 types of visas a student can opt for:

1 . Independent ELICOS Sector visa (subclass 570)

Students who want to undertake a full-time English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), can apply for this visa. If ELICOS is being undertaken as a precursor for another course, then one must apply under subclass along with the principal course.

2. Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)

This visa is applicable for students wanting to pursue their school education in Australia, which includes the primary and secondary education, and also the approved secondary school exchange programs.

3. Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 573)

The international student can opt for the visa for commencing higher education at the college level, such as a graduate degree, advice the
Visa Expert 24 Immigration Solutions

4. Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574)

If a student wants to gain a higher level degree from a reputed Australian university, such as masters or doctorate degree, this is the most appropriate visa to go for.

5. Non Award Sector visa (subclass 575)

The visa is applicable for a non-award foundation course, or programs rendering no grants or awards.

6. Vocational Education and Training Sector visa (subclass 572)

The students who want get in a full time vocational education and training course can apply for this visa. Certificate I, II, III, IV, VET diploma and graduate diploma are included in it.

7. Student Guardian visa (subclass 580)

This visa is for parents, and guardians of international students who are juvenile (under18). Although, it can also be granted to guardians of students over the age of 18, under specific conditions.

8. Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector Visa (Subclass 576)

This is the visa for students who are sponsored by Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Australia’s Department of Defence.


Leave a Reply